Saturday, October 1, 2011

Exhausted!

Well, it is about 9.30 here in Paris and I have just returned to the apartment having been out and about all day! First up I went on a hop on hop off bus tour....I decided to purchase a Paris Pass for this trip which includes free entry into many museums, art galleries and monuments....it included a 2 day hop on hop off bus ticket, a boat cruise up the Seine, 5 days public transport ticket, amongst other things. I had hoped to do a tour of the opera house which was included, however it isn't on until next week, so I went to a huge department store...Galleries Lafayette...WOW....what an amazing store....they had some interesting displays and every expensive brand of everything you could want. The best thing about it though was an amazing domed celling of glass...it was absolutely stunning. So aftehave sod some lunch here, I headed back onto the bus tour and went to the Arc de Triomphe...I went up to the top of it...what an incredible view of Paris..after this I headed to the Eiffel Tower for a look at it...I have already pre purchased my ticket to go up the tower on Wednesday....it was fun sitting underneath it doing a spot of people watching....after this I decided to do the boat cruise as I wa quite keen to see the rower after dark....well, standing in yet another long line, I met a lovely couple from Vancouver, Canada....so we ended up hanging out whilst waiting for the boat, then took the boat together. The boat trip ended up being at sunset which was beautiful....especially when the Eiffel Tower lit up....and then to top things off, at 8.00pm the lights all sparkled for about 5 minutes...it was absolutely spectacular! I could have sat looking at the tower for ages!
I even managed to get baxk to the apartment without getting lost. Yay! Actually, the metro system here is great...once you know how it works....coming home, the longest I had to wait for any train was 5 minutes...and this was with changing train lines about 4 times....
Well, will bring you my nextParis update tomorrow!
Au Revoir....

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lisa- sounds like Fter a slow start - you have definitely got a feel for Paris! We had a similar experience on arrival de to a national transport strike which was a bad start- but it sounds as though your experiences since have made it for t! We went to catch up with friends we travelled with inApril and saw their photos of Paris on Fridaynight- similar places including galleries layfette - amazing!! Ha e you been to any galleries/ museums yet? Gorgeous sunny day in Melbourne today- in case you haven't heard Geelong won the Grand final yesterday in 12 degree rainy conditions - yey!!! Collected kids from Mill Valley in the morning - all ad a great time - amazing opportunities. We are seriously starting to plan our trip ticket am fr May. Def got the travel bug.
    Loving your blogs- keep it up.
    T

    ReplyDelete