Thursday, October 13, 2011

Berlin

Here I am sitting having breakfast in the restaurant of the place I am staying in Berlin...it is called "The Circus Hotal". I originally read about this hotel months ago when I was planning my trip...a the time, i was unable to secure a booking as it was fully booked...such is the popularity and reputation of this hotel.. Anyway. About a month before I left I checked again and was able to get a room. It is known for it's sustainable philosophy, only sourcing local goods & services for it's. Breakfast buffet, maintenance and repairs. It also does not have mini bars or air conditioning in the rooms. Each room is decorated differently too. I already love it here. So today i am thinking I will go on one of the guided walks to give me. An overview of the city and history...it will take me to all the major places of historical significance including the Berlin wall site, and everything related to WW2.
so I will report back after what will most likely be a busy day of walking! See you tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa
    I think I remember you showing me the website- glad it lives up to expectation!
    I really loved Berlinbut I know that since I was there it has really grown and got better. Love to hear some of the designs and architecture you see.

    ReplyDelete