Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello London

Here I am in London for the next 3 days....have settled into the studio/apartment and decided to go for a walk to get familiar with where I am located...have managed to NOT get lost! Yay!
Am sitting in an Internet cafe enjoying a coffee and muffin....given that I have been awake since 4.45am and it is now 3.45pm London time, but 4.45pm euro time...I think 3 coffees was certainly in order....this is the most coffee in one day I have had in a couple of years! I may be bouncing off the ceiling tonight.
It was raining when I left Paris this morning and it is lovely and cool in London, though the sun has been shining through the clouds...the weather reminds me a little bit of Melbourne. It is also nice to be able to cross the roads without feeling you are about to be run over...there is certainly a familiarity about London which I am enjoying. The fact that people can understand me and vice versatile I am sure helps.
I had a pleasant walk to Coventry Garden through a couple of lovely little parks/squares...in one of them, I saw all these squirrels frolicking through the autumn leaves on the ground...they were soooooooo cute! I managed to get a few photos of them...though they were very quick, but one of them seemed to get closer and closer and popped it's little head up like he was posing just for me...somewhat was fun!
Not sure how much I'll be blogging in the next few days...will depend on internet access...I have been very spoilt with last place I stayed with computer, WI FI and free phone calls!
Well, I haven't much else to report

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, its chris, Maureen told me how wonderful your blog was and that she had been following you so thought i would have a look too, really enjoying it. You won't be disapointed with the V&A. Looking forward to your next posting.

    ReplyDelete