Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Heidelberg

Today we spent the day at Heidelberg...one of the places I had read about and was keen to see. Didn't leave until after 10am so arrived around midday. Had lunch after a walk down the mail shopping mall where we were surrounded by lovely buildings...had a yummy lunch and then headed to the Schloss - castle....the walk up to the castle worked off our lunch...the hill was STEEP and very uneven...but the view from the top was well worth the huffing and puffing! We walked around the courtyard of the castle...unfortunately you could only look inside the actual castle if you bought a ticket for a guided tour...which I didn't really want to do...but it was still great...and we did have a look in the museum of pharmacy which was so interesting.
After this, we headed back to the town and had Kaffee un Kuchen...coffee and cake....I had the most delicious piece of hazelnut torte....it was so good...we then headed home....yet another lovely day with lovely people....my cousin, Rita and her husband, Alberto are so great to spend time with...this morning Alberto took me to the fire station where he was a volunteer firefighter for many years....he is so proud of everything to do with the brigade and station...
Tomorrow I head off with a different cousin and her daughter/s for a day where I am not entirely sure! I have been told one of the destinations, but cannot recall the name as it is VERY long....but will fill you in tomorrow...till then Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment