Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Countdown to home

Well, the countdown is on until I leave Europe for home on Friday.
Today I spent with another cousin and one of her daughters and grand daughter. We went to a town called Aschaffenburg...another pretty town situated on a river with a castle to look at.
The castle had been sadly bombed during the 2nd world war, so there was little of it left standing following the war, but it has since been re-built and thankfully, most of the furniture and art works had been removed and stored safely elsewhere...so now they are on display in the re-built castle.
After this, we had lunch at my cousin's daughter's favourite organic restaurant which was really lovely.
We then wandered down the main shopping strip for a spot of window shopping and then headed to the other daughter of my cousin for a cuppa and chat. It was lovely getting to know more of my cousins and their children one on one.
Tomorrow I head off to Rothenberg Ob Der Tauber which I am very much looking forward to. Then in the evening we head back to the place it all began last week for farewell 'party" for Lisa! That is my cousins description, not mine! Then Friday morning I make sure I am packed and my check in baggage is 20 kilos...no more and no less! And then it is goodbye to Germany and all of the other wonderful places I have visited in the last 5 weeks.
Will write a final post after tomorrows adventures before I get on a plane bound for Hong Kong and then Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment