Friday, October 21, 2011

Auf Wiedersehn Deutschland.....hello home!

Yesterday was my final full day in Germany and full it certainly was...two of my cousins and their respective wife & husband drove me to Rothenburg ob Der Tauber about 2 hours drive from Frankfurt. It is a sweet village with lots of old houses and most well know for it's Christmas markets and huge Christmas chop and museum...sadly I only managed a short amount of time in the Christmas shop....and didn't see the museum. But we still had a lovely day and it was nice to spend time with a couple of other cousins. To finish off, we then returned to place the Family adventure all began with a farewell dinner where again, there were over 20 people. I must admit, by then end of the night I was completely exhausted and feeling a bit unable to talk much....so today I head to the airport where I catch a 2pm flight to Hong Kong and then on to Melbourne where I arrive Saturday night...am so looking forward to seeing all of my family and friends and sleeping in my own bed.
Hope you have enjoyed reading my travel adventures! Thanks for persevering Lisa

Over the next couple of weeks I will be putting some of my photos for your enjoyment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment