Friday, September 30, 2011

Paris

Earlier today I arrived in Paris from Venice.  The day started very early, getting up at 5.45am, got to airport at 7am and plane from Venice to Paris at 9.30am.  Arrived in Paris by 11.30am, but it took me over 2 hours to get from the airport to the apartment....first I bought the wrong ticket for the Metro (due in part to the unhelpfulness of the woman selling the ticket and me not speaking French), then I got lost big time getting to the apartment.....I have basically spent the day in the apartment....ventured out for about an hour to find a supermarket to get a few things.  Came back and did a load of washing, had a snooze and have generally been relaxing.  I must admit, I feel less competent in getting around Paris than I did in all of the place I went to in Italy....not sure what that is abaout....perhaps that Paris is just so huge...hoping I will get my MOJO back so that I can do some sightseeing tomorrow....
Not much else to report...hopefully will have more exciting stuff to share over the next few days...  

No comments:

Post a Comment