Saturday, September 24, 2011

Florence!

Have just arrived at the apartmentj I am staying in Florence. It is so lovely and the owner gave me a bottle of sparkling and some yummy looking biscotti. What hospitality.

The past couple of days were spent working on our art work and last night we all got together and showed each other what we had done. There has also been a photography group staying at the convent so we sort did a show and tell of each others art....was a lovely way to share our creativity, no matter how different.
For our final dinner last night we returned to the restaurant where we had a our cooking lesson...where we were very graciously waited on. I had a delicious salad with lettuce, pear, walnuts, cheese and the best dressing I have ever tasted. For my main I had chicken rolled with red peppers, wild fennel and small potatoes....also delicious. I also tried Limoncello...an italian lemon liquor...it was very nice, although one would not wish to drink too much of the stuff.
This morning we did one final scout around the town and had our final cappuccinos at Scarponi's..my favorite coffee spot and said our goodbyes to the Nuns' at the convent and caught the funicular to Orvieto train station where I have come to Florence, a few others were heading on to Venice and another back to Rome.
I am looking forward to what discoveries I make here in Florence for the next few days.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment