Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Vatican

Well, you will be pleased to hear that I managed NOT to get lost at all today. I visited the Vatican which included entry to the Vatican museums and Sistine chapel. Afterwards I looked through St Peter's basilica....WOW..what amazing art, architecture and inspired workmanship...I think I especially loved some of the architecture, particular taking loads of photos of ceilings and their frescoes.

It was quite late when I got back to my apartment and it has been 32degrees so I was somewhat warm. One of things here is how after work, lots of people take to the streets with their families and so tonight I went and bought myself a gelati and sat in park near my apartment which had a cute carousel, jumping castle, train and men playing bocce. There were parents, their children, and nonna's all enjoying each others company.

After this, I decided it might be a good idea to make dinner...there are a couple of small supermarkets nearby...so I bought myself some fresh tortellini, zucchini, passata, 2 yoghurts and a nectarine...which all came to the grand sum of 2.80 euros....talk about the cheapest meal ever...and I still have enough pasta and sauce for another meal....

Tomorrow i am heading off to the colosseum for a tour...I have already been past it on the bus tour...am looking forward to taking some close up shots and seeing the inside of it...

Till next time,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment