Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Colour, colour and more colour

Today I decided to head off shore so to speak to visit Murano (famous glass fame) and Burano...well the queue for Murano at the water bus was so long that I decided to go to Burano first....it was a bit of a lengthy process with 3 different water buses and a very long and round about way, but was very relaxing and picturesque...I especially enjoyed all of the water views along the way. Arrived at Burano which is most well known for it's brightly colored painted houses....well, just wait until you see the photos...what a pretty place...I spent a good 2-3 hours wandering around, looking at the houses, in jewelry, lace and other souvenir shops. The island is also very famous for it's lace....I visited the lace museum....I must admit, I think it was my favourite museum so far...just goes to show that my preference is definitely for the arts of the textile kind. After this, I went to Murano, mainly just to say i had been there....though there are some very interesting glass sculptures and once again, loads of glass shops.
After this I headed back to the convent where I have had a touch of gastro...not sure what from...anyway, took a gastro stop to nip It in the bud and am currently sitting here in the Piazza San Marco doing a spot of people watching and writing this blog post.
A message to Tan and David...I found your Trattoria, however sadly it seemed to be closed...oh well, will just have to find somewhere else to eat tonight.
Whilst it is still quite crowded here, it is actually very pleasant watching the sun setting and shining on the stunning mosaics of St Mark's. It is currently just after 6pm. One thing I'll say about Venice, is that there are soooooo many mozzies...I killed about 15 of them last night, although the bites didn't show up until this afternoon...and I think I have counted around 20, mainly on my arms....note to self...close bedroom window and turn of air conditioning tonight!
Well, that is about it for now...not sure what I'll do tomorrow....I have to go to another hotel close to the airport for tomorrow night as I have an early ish flight to Paris on Friday morning.
See you next time, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment