Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Master chef!

Have had the funnest time this afternoon. Spent most of the day out and about and in the studio doing some sketching and playing with water colours. Totally out of my comfort zone.
Then this afternoon, went to a local restaurant which also has the "Instituto di Arte Culinaria" where we made focaccia (with tomatoes, mozzarella, olives and olive oil!), a different focaccia with onion and mozzarella, wild boar ravioli with tomato sauce, wild boar stew, deep fried zucchini flowers in beer batter, wild boar and pecorino calzone and coffee yoghurt gelati with raisins. Well, what can I say, except that this was some of the best fun I have ever had....after cooking all this scrumptious food, we sat down in the restaurant where the staff served it to us.....along with some fabulous wine, we had a ball! I am so inspired to try some of the recipes we were given when I come home...brace yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh what a lovely start to the day - reading of your adventures. JJ and Ted are back so I'll send her the link to your blog, as she will love it too.
    Been a bitsickand very tired - so loving living your holiday with you.
    Take care - and me a sign that you are getting my comments!

    ReplyDelete