Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another full on day in Rome!

Well, am just back from another busy day...though I have tried to take things a bit slower by sitting and watching...first off I went to the Pantheon...what can I say but WOW!!!! what an incredible building....can't wait to show some photos of the things I have seen...before this however, I had a coffee at a place recommended by friends which is just opposite the Pantheon...thanks Tan and Dave...it was GREAT coffee! I then decided to have a decent lunch at a place a colleague recommended which was somewhat a walk from the Pantheon, but well worth it....just walking down some of the streets and alleys of Rome was inspiring....I think I have overdosed on taking photos of buildings...but there isn't a lot to do when there is no one to take photos of moi! For lunch I had a selection of 2 cheeses and meats, as well as a mixed salad and glass of white wine. Well can I just say, that the tomatoes in the salad were THE BEST EVER!!!! They were so sweet, all I wanted was a whole plate of them! And the meats and cheeses were simply divine...I decided to be brave and have the waiter choose for me as I really had no idea, looking at the extensive list...my only stipulation was nothing with blue!

After lunch I walked to the Trevi Fountain...it was extremely crowded as to be expected, and I eventually asked a couple if they would take my photo throwing a coin into it...I then went to the water outlets and drank some of the water....I must say, the water here in Rome is really lovely...wasn't sure what to expect after being spoilt by Melbournes water...well, tonight is my final night here in Rome...I must admit, I am looking forward to the next leg of my trip to enjoy some other peoples company for a few days...whilst I am not lonely, I am missing people to chat to about shared experiences.
Will post again when I arrive in Umbria tomorrow...till then, Lisa. Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Lisa
    Hearing your adventures is just like reliving our trip the lanes, the sights, the food. Great to hear you found 'our' cafe!
    T

    ReplyDelete