Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First day in Rome

Well, I have arrived safely in Italy and have nearly spent my first day in Rome. The weather has been glorious, though very warm in the sun. Met a lovely New Zealand lady on the plane and so we were able to help each other get the train from the airport into Termini Station...I decided to get a ticket for a hop on hop off bus which takes you around all the major sights/ sites and you basically get off, look around and then catch a later bus to go to the next place...I mainly did this today to try & get my bearings around this city....Quite a challenge...managed to walk for over an hour first thing, only to realize that I had basically gone in one hug circle and nowhere near when I had thought I was going! Oh well, it can only improve.

Well, that is it for today...I shall put my feet up and try and reduce the swelling from the flight and all my walking...as well as try and get rid of blisters too!!!

Tomorrow I am off to the Vatican...

No comments:

Post a Comment